Saturday, February 12, 2011

How to piss off a Mad Woman

Saying I am frustrated is a massive understatement.

One of my biggest pet peeves is being lied to. If you tell me you are going to do something, then you had damn well better do it. And if you tell me you are going to do something? I expect it to be done in a timely manner. If you have no intention of doing something promptly, then tell me. If you tell me you'll do something just to appease me, you are just going to piss me off. I value honesty. If for some reason you really want to piss me off...just promise to do something and then never do it. I might threaten to run you over with a bus if you do it enough.

My poetry teacher is starting to piss me off. When he first posted our syllabus, I sent him an e-mail asking for something a little bit more...thorough. The syllabus he sent us is effectively, 'We're going to do this, and then maybe some of this, and then possibly some of this. You'll stay really busy! Oh, and you have to write a paper and do this and this.' And that was it. No dates when things would be due, no expectations for our papers, no guidelines on when we would be doing what.

I e-mailed him and asked for some clarification. For anyone who knows me, I don't really work well like that. I want firm deadlines. I don't need to be micro-managed, but I want to know what you WANT from me. I'm not a damn mind reader. He promised up and down he'd get something better to us.

That was 3 weeks ago. We still don't have anything.

One of our assignments several weeks ago was to write a poem on the purpose of poetry. I kinda liked mine. He said he'd be posting some of those on the discussion board for us to read and discuss. He still hasn't done that either. I mentioned it in an e-mail to him, but we'll see.

The assignments he gives us are oftentimes confusing. I feel like he is pulling shit out of his ass and just slapping it on the board. We've written one poem to this point. He is completely unorganized.

Oh and best yet? When we e-mail him we have to e-mail his personal hotmail account, because he has difficulties with his school e-mail.

I am massively frustrated. I don't really want to e-mail the Dean, because I'm concerned about shit rolling downhill. I know that means I have to just suck it up and deal with it. I know this is a Poetry class...but it is still a class. It's only a 200 level class...but it is still a college course. How in the world can this guy be a professor? It just feels so damn unprofessional. Or maybe I just need to pull the stick out of my ass, I don't know...

Gah. Just got to suck it up and deal and try to enjoy it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment