Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Cam Returns

One of the things that Colin and I are doing here in Missoula is starting the old Cam chapter back up. This is where I started gaming, and it just feels right to have a larp going again. Plus - I love the Cam. For all of it's faults (and there are many and more) I do love the organization. The ability to have a global chronicle and to travel to conventions is great. Plus? I like having set rules. I like having people above you in the chain who you can (theoretically) go to for advice and assistance. It's a good system. It has some kinks to work out with the NPFO changeover, but thats ok.

Tonight, after dinner with friends, we're heading off to our first meeting of the campus Role Players group. It should be fun to meet people and wine and dine them, so to speak. At this current moment, we have our 5 required players. One of them needs to be renewed, but that isn't a problem. I have the God of Storage sending me all of our old reports and logs he might have, so I can rebuild logs for people who have lost theirs. We have a coordinator, we have a storyteller. We need a VSS for the game, and we're pretty much set. Oh, and Colin and I need to be fully transferred, but that won't be too much of an issue, I hope. I've only been working on it for 2 months, so we'll see.

This should be interesting. I am hoping it doesn't crash and burn spectacularly. Oh, and by the way, I have been coerced into running Cam/Anarch. This should be fun and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment