Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Cam Returns!

We had our first chapter meeting last night to hash out the details of the new Missoula chapter. All in all, it went amazingly well, and I'm feeling really excited about bringing the Cam back to Missoula.

Ryan will be our Chapter Coordinator, and he seems very excited about the position. I'll be doing the monthly newsletter, Colin will be acting as ACC Charities/Socials/Fundraisers, Mick will be getting the website up and running and then Adrienne will be maintaining it, Adrienne is going to run Lost, I'm going to run Cam/Anarch, and Colin will run Mage if there is enough interest in it. You may laugh now at me running a game.

Right now, we have our requisite 5 paid members. However, meeting with the Campus RP'er group this past weekend left me feeling very positive. Many of them are very excited about trying new games (especially Changeling) and I think we can easily get them to sign up with the Cam. Plus, we'll be able to work with the Campus Role Player club and get campus space for our games! This is a huge plus, and takes a big weight off my shoulders. Finding a gaming space is rarely easy, and oftentimes is not free. This is free, and we pretty much have our pick of space on campus, as long as it isn't in use. WooHoo!

At this point, I need to get on all of the domain lists in the region. For our newsletter, I want to show that even if you don't have ANY members who will contribute, you can still put out a lengthy and informative piece for the members of your domain/chapter/region/etc. I'll be lurking on as many lists as I possibly can and smooshing that information into our newsletters. Want to know what games are being run in Kansas City? Look at the Newsletter! Or on the calender on the website!

For those of you who might not know, I am a Geek. I role play. I play DnD, I LARP, I play MMOPRG's. Fully certified Geekitude. The Camarilla is a Global Role playing Organization. We do Live Action Role Play for White Wolf's World of Darkness line. Through it, I have met the vast majority of my friends, my husband, and I have found a social group and family that has been amazingly supportive of me over the years. We have our faults and we have our failings, but we're still a family. Live Action Role Play is a like like improvisational theater. You create a character with a background and a story and you interact with other characters. It's a lot of fun, and offers an amazing creative outlet - costuming, writing backgrounds, creating this amazing rich story with other players. It's just a lot of fun, and will likely always be one of my creative and social outlets.

I started gaming in Missoula, and this place feels like home for me. I was really worried that we wouldn't be able to get a chapter up and running when we got here, and I am happy to report that less than two weeks after arriving, we've already ironed out many of the kinks and we are ready to go!

Now I just have to finish a VSS and come up with a story that will keep my players excited. EEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment