Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Whew!

I've been busy.

Before moving back to Missoula, I contacted a bunch of the old crew, to try to convince them that The Camarilla was awesome, and that they should come play with me. I actually wasn't expecting much to happen with it. It's been years, and The World has Moved On, as they say. Much to my surprise and delight, there was enough interest that we decided to make a go of it.

Less than three weeks after moving back to Missoula, we have a chapter approved and we are busting our asses at getting stuff done. Don't believe me? Check out our website - Legion of Shadows - which is a pretty good indicator of all the stuff we've done over the past few weeks.

Honestly? I'm shocked and surprised, in a good way. Several old members from the Before Times have returned and have already renewed their memberships. There are others who are considering returning, and who definitely plan on coming to play with us to try it out. It's kind of overwhelming, in a way. And a little terrifying. All of these new people wanting to come play an awesome game...and they stick ME with ST'ing for Cam/Anarch. This could either be really good or really, really bad. Hopefully it'll be good though.

So yeah. I've spent a lot of time the last three weeks working on putting together a newsletter, rebuilding prestige logs, and brainstorming stuff to make the chapter go. On top of that, I've been asked to assist with the Membership Handbook Revisions. It's either an honor or a curse, and I haven't quite decided which yet. Of course, I've only read like 1,000 of the 10gajillion e-mails on there, so maybe my brain just isn't sufficiently mushy yet.

Needless to say...Cam stuff is going really well. At last nights meeting, we had 10 people show up...the 5 in the chapter, and 5 additional people! 2 signed up for their temp memberships last night. One of these days, I'll take a break and not do any cam stuff. But for now, off to work on rebuilding prestige logs more...whoooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment